dream it - live it
the path to mastery
Learn - Grow - Share
For motivated students who want to complete a "zero to five hundred / 0 - 500 hour" yoga teacher training program, we offer back-to-back 200 and 300 hour yoga teacher training programs. It's challenging yet greatly rewarding to complete both programs together to fulfill the Yoga Alliance® RYT 500® educational requirements. Build upon what you learn in the 200 hour course and take your practice and teaching skills even further. Completing both the 200 and 300 hour yoga teacher trainings with the same yoga school ensures both consistency and depth. Many of our 200 hour graduates return to complete their 300 hour yoga teacher training with us. There will be about a week off between the two trainings to enjoy the beauty of your destination in Ubud Bali. You can also take an excursion to one of the many nearby attractions. Students can fulfill the entire Yoga Alliance® RYT® certification training in a true intensive immersion format at any of the locations we offer.
There are many opinions about whether a student should take more time between the level 1 - 200 hour program and the level 2 - 300 hour program. For those who have completed our full 500 hour program, most would agree that having nearly two months of immersed study and yoga /meditation practice, the experience has been nothing short of life changing. The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali states that its important to feed the mind so we may be more faithful in our dedication to its processes, but no amount of intellectual study can compare to the knowledge we receive through sustained and uninterrupted practice.
Students who enroll in the 0 to 500 training program receive an additional $300 - 500 USD discount toward their accommodation package selection and tuition for the 200 and 300 hour yoga teacher training programs of their choice. This is the fastest way to complete all your Yoga Alliance® RYT® course requirements. Students who wish to complete both 200 and 300 hour programs within a 12 month period can also receive the same substantial discounts.
With nearly two months of continuous study, the Zuna Yoga® 500 hour course is a "Zero to 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Intensive". The program consists of the 200 hour foundational module, followed by the 300 hour advanced yoga training. The program content includes an in-depth investigation of many essential topics and methods of practice. It will confidently guide you to a deep intellectual understanding of yoga; its traditions and philosophies and practice as well as deliver an unparalled experience that can only be achieved by immersed dedicated practice.
Zuna Yoga® 200 hour yoga teacher training programs include a vigorous two-hour + asana practice most days, twice daily with pranayama and meditation. We strongly recommend that applicants have one year of consistent asana practice before attending this course and should be relatively comfortable practicing intermediate back bends and inversions. If you are new to yoga, this would not be an appropriate program in which to to participate. You will not benefit from learning yoga basics while simultaneously learning how to teach. That being said, if you have a regular yoga practice, you may be more ready than you think. We are looking for participants with a solid foundation in the basic and fundamental yoga postures. It is important to engage this training with a level of maturity, and willingness to learn guided by the natural limits of your own body. Keep in mind this program is not only for aspiring teachers, but people who want to simply deepen their knowledge of yoga on all levels.
The second segment of this course is the 300 hour training, the asana practices can be more physically challenging but we spend less time on physical conditioning and more on meditation and pranayama. Having completed the level 1 200 hour course with Zuna Yoga you will be confidently prepared. Advanced yoga at Zuna Yoga® is not yoga for acrobats. Although there are great benefits to complicated and rigorous asana, the promise of yoga is not realized through complex physical performance. The postures are important, yet are only a single element in a masterful yogic recipe. Safe and competent performance of basic and intermediate asanas such as headstand, chaturanga, and urdhva dhanurasana are very important. We will have two daily practices - morning and afternoon - that include vinyasa sequences, meditation and pranayama. A level of strength and steadiness in the physical body is essential for moving into advanced techniques such as bandha, mudra and pranayama.
The course reading assignments are an essential part of the course. These assignments include carefully selected books that will share great insight on the daily curriculum as well as impart great insights on how and why yoga is unlike any other system of health care and physical fitness. We understand that in a course as comprehensive as this you will find many new and inspiring concepts in the reading assignments as well as when physically present in the lectures and practices of the course. We advise students to take the time to properly digest all of the course material before submitting their reports. Your education is more important than a certificate of completion. When you have submitted all of the completed assignments, a certificate of completion will be awarded.
500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Reading List
The Heart of Yoga - T.K.V. Desikachar (Hard copy or Kindle version available on amazon.com)
Yoga and Ayurveda - David Frawley (Hard copy or Kindle version available on amazon.com)
Trail Guide to the body - Andrew Biel 5th edition (Hard copy available on amazon.com or download as eBook on www.booksofdiscovery.com Use code STFL to receive a 15% discount)
Kundalini Tantra - Satyananda Saraswati (Only hard copy available)
The Hatha Yoga Pradipika - Swami Muktibodhananda
The Path of Fire and Light Vol 1 - Swami Rama (Hard copy or Kindle version available on amazon.com)
* Anatomy and Physiology of Yoga - You'll be guided on a detailed journey though the body and its systems so you may integrate anatomical knowledge to lead a safe and healthy yogic practice.
* Postures of Yoga - We'll thoroughly investigate the important poses of yoga, proper anatomical alignment with variations, practical adjustments, their effects on the nervous system and other important benefits.
* The Traditions, History, and Lineages of Yoga - Understanding how the philosophical views of tradition have developed over the milennia is important to anyone seeking to unlock the power and mysteries of this timeless science. Today the word yoga applies to a vast number of opinions and perspectives that are as comprehensive as the many disciplines of modern science. Over many thousands of years, cultural necesssity has had a tremendous influence on how yoga philosophy is interpreted and applied. Understanding these influences as well as the origin of yoga and its foundational philosophies is imperative for anyone with the desire to integrate its wisdom either in a classroom or in life. All too often the essential teachings of the sages gets lost in translation. This course will offer thorough insight of yoga tradition primarily focused on Hatha, Tantra and Vinyasa yoga, its key philosophies, and the theory behind its practice, bridging the gap between the timeless wisdom of the ancients and for modern living.
* The Promise of Yoga - Yoga is and has always been a science of freedom to live a fearless and fulfilling life. Find out how the ancients saw yoga as a means to this experience.
* The Science of Yogic Breathing - The yogic breath consists of far more than just inhale and exhale as we dynamically move through our postures. It is the very foundation of yoga. Our breath and the way it moves through the body excites the energies that can cleanse as well as define aspects of personality and thought.
* The Energetic Body - There are many facets to the understanding of Prana, the prime life force, how it manifest to form the body and mind through the framework of the Chakras. We will view this energetic force in great detail and how the currents of energy know as prana vayus are the very foundation of what makes yoga work.
* Ayurveda - Our basic physical and mental disposition, known in Ayurveda as doshas and Gunas, is based on the same foundational philosophy as Yoga and Tantra and is considered an important sister science. It can be instrumental in developing a deep understanding of yourself and others.
* Meditation - The power of meditation is significant. The benefits of meditation are now being proven by many well established medical institutions throughout the world. Developing your own personal skills as a meditator as well as learning how to lead others in meditation can be a key tool to your own self development as well as an opportunity to add rich, meaningful content to your class. There are a variety of different methods for developing a successful meditation practice you will experience during this course.
* An in-depth exploration of Pranayama and techniques to teach it effectively
* Kriya Yoga - According to the Tantras this can be the most effective form of meditation for the modern mind. It is a practical and easy to use tool we will cover in detail.
* Yoga Nidra - One of the true Gems of yoga is the practice of Yoga Nidra. It is perhaps the most effective form of deep relaxation available today and is used by many as a form of therapy for a number of psychological and nervous disorders.
* Mantra and its practice
* Restorative yoga - benefits, sequencing, modifications
* The Art and Science of Advanced Sequencing - You will learn how to use the tools of asana, dharana, pranayama, bandha and meditation to create your own meaningful sequences.
* Developing a Class Themes with meditation, pranayama and bandha
* Developing a Yogic lifestyle - This does not imply a change of wardrobe or vocabulary. This is understanding how to incorporate the tools and philosophies of yoga to map out a life of purpose and fulfillment.
* Career Development - Creating exciting and meaningful workshops / privates
* Taking the seat of the teacher - responsibilities in the classroom, and as a leader in your community.
* Everyone will get the opportunity to teach and refine their ability to deliver cohesive, meaningful classes.
* Detailed 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training and 300 hour yoga teacher training manuals are included.
* On completing all course requirements students will be awarded Yoga Alliance® approved 200 and 300 hour Teacher Training Certificates. These certificates and 100 hours of actual teaching experience (Yoga Alliance requirement) are all you'll need to qualify for your Yoga Alliance® RYT 500® Certification, recognized world wide.
Lecture - Practicum
Fruit Snack - Break
Lecture - Practicum
Fruit Snack - Break
Schedule is subject to venue-specific modifications at the instructors' discretion