Lead with Confidence
Our 300 hour courses take place at carefully selected retreat centers throughout Asia. These venues are the perfect places for the inward journey, making your 300 hour yoga intensive in Ubud is truly transformative. These programs are comprehensive and masterfully delivered by well educated and seasoned instructors. The Zuna Yoga® instructors will artfully present selected course content that brings together the traditional teachings of yogic sages and the modern scientific perspectives of neuroscience, psychology, physiology and anatomy to create an unparalleled experience of personal understanding and development.
The course presents an in-depth study of: Asana (posture), Advanced Pranayama (breathing practices), Advanced Meditation, Yoga Philosophy, Yoga Anatomy, Prana and the Energetic Body, Advanced Sequencing and Adjustments, Developing a Personal Meditation Practice for yourself and others, How to Develop a Meaningful Private Session and Workshop Program, as well as other essential tools to advance your career opportunities and your personal practice.
The Zuna Yoga® 300 hour course goes beyond asana and anatomy to present an in-depth study of pranayama (breathing practices), meditation, yoga philosophy, prana and the energetic body, advanced sequencing, developing a personal meditation practice for yourself and others, how to develop a meaningful private session and how to develop successful yoga and workshop programs as well as other tools to advance your career opportunities.
During the training, the asana practices are physically challenging but we spend less time on physical conditioning and more on meditation and pranayama. Advanced yoga at Zuna Yoga® is not yoga for acrobats. The promise of yoga is not realized through complicated and rigorous asana. However, safe and competent performance of basic and intermediate asanas such as headstand, chaturanga, and urdhva dhanurasana are very important. We will have two daily practices - morning and afternoon - that include vinyasa sequences, meditation and pranayama. A level of strength and steadiness in the physical body is essential for moving into advanced techniques such as bandha, mudra and pranayama. Also, experience in meditation is required.
Yoga Alliance® RYT 500® Certification
This 300 hour course is an advanced program, and most students will already have completed a 200 hour yoga teacher training course. You can participate in a 300 hour program without having done a 200 hour course, if you are an advanced student looking to deepen your practice. However according to Yoga Alliance® standards, you would not be able to register yourself as an RYT 500®. The RYT 500® certification requires first doing a 200 hour yoga teacher training course, and an additional 300 hour teacher training course. It's a little confusing because many refer to the 300 hour yoga teacher training as a "500 hour", they are actually the last 300 hours you need to reach a RYT 500® level certification. 200 + 300 = 500. Before applying for your Yoga Alliance® RYT 500® Certification, you must complete a 300 Hour Yoga Training by an accredited RYS® (like Zuna Yoga®) and complete 100 hours of classroom teaching.
The books below are an essential part of the deeper understanding of yoga. All course participants are required to submit a report for each book listed to show an understanding of content. Much of the material in these books will be incorporated into the daily lectures and practices, giving students an adequate opportunity to digest the often elusive but important meaning of the key texts of yoga. All reports and assignments must be completed in order to receive your course certificate.
300 Hour Course Reading List
Kundalini Tantra - Satyananda Saraswati (Only hard copy available)
The Hatha Yoga Pradipika - Swami Muktibodhananda (Only hard copy available)
The Path of Fire and Light Vol 1 - Swami Rama (Hard copy or Kindle version available on amazon.com)
Trail Guide to the body- Andrew Biel 5th edition (Hard copy available on amazon.com or download as eBook on www.booksofdiscovery.com Use code STFL to receive a 15% discount)
The full effect my training with Zuna Yoga has had on my practice, and my life, is still unfolding. Every day I find myself in situations or awareness that clearly define the difference between pre-Zuna me & post-Zuna me. I had no idea quite what I was letting myself in for, but in choosing Zuna Yoga I struck gold.
My month with them was a far cry from the yogic love bubble so many trainings have dropped me into; instead Zuna Yoga provides a training that forces one to drop behind reaction to the integrity of one's own backbone. This is not a comfortable process - a lot of friction is required to force up the full scope of one's own reactions. Choose to do the work with what rises, and my goodness, things will shift.
Practice, practice, practice - let go, let go, let go. My only advice for anyone embarking on this training: Trust.
It is a rare teacher in this yoga world that doesn't require you to like or dislike them. That hands the responsibility for your own practice quite squarely into your own hands, and ignites within you a flame of integrity that holds you accountable for the single reason that you are alive, you are awake, and you are conscious. I promise you that your life as you know it will change, that it will not be easy, but that it will be worth it. And the crystal clear tools and formula you will be so generously given will help you map a journey that will be all of your own navigation.Zuna Yoga® 300 hour yoga teacher training graduate
It is difficult to put in words just how transformational my 300 hour yoga teacher training with Zuna Yoga was. The program is so well thought out. We learned about the why behind the what, the purpose of yoga and ultimately of our life. I now understand the energetics of yoga (yoga nidra, asana, meditation, restorative), the benefits, and what incredible experiences can come from them.
Everett is so knowledgable and is genuinely there to help people thrive. He was able to explain the philosophy and depths of yoga in a way in which we could understand. If we had questions he always wanted to help. I feel so honored to call him my teacher and still reach out to him when needed, which is amazing.
Katherine was just as incredible. Her passion and knowledge of anatomy and of how the body affects the mind provided me with the knowledge I need to teach a beyond average class. Everything she talks about is backed with science, and is well thought out. Katherine was also the person I could always talk to or simply make eye contact with when I needed support.
Katherine and Everett's passion is contagious. Not only that, but I have never felt more authentic and raw with the incredibly strong community we created. Since coming home from the program, my confidence teaching has skyrocketed, and I feel more capable and passionate in everyday life. I will never forget my experience with Zuna Yoga, and I cannot wait to see you all again. Thank you for showing me.Zuna Yoga® 300 hour graduate
* Anatomy and Physiology of Yoga - In this advanced course we will review the key postures of yoga practice and their safe anatomical alignment, health benefits, adjustments, and useful modifications. Our main focus, however, will be to thoroughly explore them from an energetic perspective. Understanding how each posture works as a key ingredient of a master recipe is one of the most important aspects of developing your skills beyond the physical concept of yoga and establishing yourself as a master teacher.
* History + Philosophy (Darshan) + Tradition - All too often, the essential teachings of the sages gets lost in translation. This course will offer very thorough examination of yoga and its essential philosophies such as Samkhya; the foundational philosophy of Hatha Yoga, Classical Yoga (Yoga as defined by Pantanjali), Ayurveda and Tantra. We will cover in depth various traditions, primarily those of Hatha, Tantra and Vinyasa yoga, the theory behind their practice, helping you bridge the gap between the timeless wisdom of the ancients and yoga for modern living.
* The Science of Yogic Breathing - Although the yogic breath is understood in traditional yoga as the quintessential element of its practice, it is rarely taught in yoga classes today. We'll share you this magical method of breathing that will awaken a whole new level of transformational experience to your practice of yoga.
* Prana, Chakras - There are many layers to understanding Prana, the prime life force and how it moves through the bodily framework of the Chakras. We will investigate this force in detail and how the currents of energy known as prana vayus are the very foundation of what makes yoga work.
* The Art and Science of Sequencing - Understand how and why Yoga works. You will learn how to use the tools of asana, dharana, pranayama, bandha and meditation to create your own meaningful sequences.
* Stepping up Your Class Themes - Every class you teach is an opportunity to take your students on a journey of self discovery. Whether that's through the physical body, or inner exploration, know you have the tools to take them there.
*Advanced Restorative - Restorative postures and classes can be a welcome addition to your offerings. In this course we will cover restorative postures and sequencing. We also teach you how to combine breath meditations, kriyas and other tools to spice up the standard restorative class for an inspiring offering.
* Yoga Nidra - Yoga Nidra is one of the crown jewels of yoga that can deliver us effectively into the deepest realms of yoga, effortlessly. It is highly effective for reduction of stress and for understanding deep states of meditation and consciousness. We'll teach you how it works and how to develop your own yoga nidra classes.
*Workshops - We've dedicated some time to put all you've learned during this course into developing a three day workshop series. Each group will share their creative ideas as a class presentation.
* Understanding meditation - Developing your skills as a meditation teacher is an important part of filling your classes with rich, meaningful content. The power of meditation is significant. There are a variety of different methods for developing a successful meditation practice you will experience during this course.
* Developing a Yogic lifestyle - This does not imply a change of wardrobe or vocabulary. This is understanding how to incorporate the tools and philosophies of yoga to map out a life of purpose and fulfillment.
* Everyone will get ample opportunity to teach classes with their newly acquired tools affording the chance to refine their skills of delivering a well prepared and meaningful class.
* 300 hour Yoga Teacher Training Certificate will be awarded on completion of all course requirements. You need this certificate of completion and 100 hours of teaching experience to apply for your Yoga Alliance® RYT 500® Certification.
* A detailed 450+ page Training Manual is included.
Lecture - Practicum
Fruit Snack - Break
Schedule is subject to venue-specific modifications at the instructors' discretion